Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Website Redesign

I had the privilege of helping the Mormon Tabernacle Choir redesign their website by conducting research to inform strategy and design.  

Discovery

I conducted a True Intent Study on the choir's website. What does that mean? Actual users were intercepted on the website and provided feedback about their experience. We learned who was visiting, what they were doing, and the issues they were experiencing. 

imacc

Discovery

I conducted a True Intent Study on the choir's website. What does that mean? Actual users were intercepted on the website and provided feedback about their experience. We learned who was visiting, what they were doing, and the issues they were experiencing. 

imacc

Synthesis

Rather than analyzing the data myself, I lead the Choir's digital team in creating an affinity diagram. I printed 600 user comments onto individual sticky notes and had the team categorize them into hierarchies. This activity helped them understand their audience more than any report could. It also made it easier to get buy-off on the changes that needed to be made.  

Navigation

Reading through comments, it became clear that people had difficulty finding what they were looking for on the site. So to improve the information architecture,  I conducted a few tree tests to identify and smooth out the rough spots. Now the information is organized the way people expect. 

Tree test graph

See more Projects

ARC BEST

See how I redesigned ARC Best's intranet site to improve employee efficiency.

Learn More

American Bureau of Shipping

See how I simplified one of the most complex websites I've seen.

Learn More

Lets chat

I'd love to help you with your projects.